One definition of compassion is “sympathetic consciousness of others’ distress together with a desire to alleviate it.” (Mirriam-Webster Dictionary. We can also apply compassion to ourselves, when we step into a witness state and perceive ourselves from a loving, sympathetic state.
- Do you long to be gentler with yourself?
- Could you be more accepting of the behaviour you or others engage in?
- How loving do you feel these days?
- What is your sense of being able to just be present with whatever you feel or perceive?
- How sympathetic are you with the suffering of those you meet or learn about? Or of your own suffering?
- Do you feel empowered to alleviate suffering? Or do you, like many these days, feel helpless, like you don’t know what to do or how on earth you could help
This 3-hour Continuum webinar class is guides us in nurturing our natural compassionate nature. Just as water doesn’t judge the rocks it encounters in a stream, so we learn to move with what is, allowing a gentle dissolving to soften our habits and patterns. We can emerge feeling relaxed, refreshed, more present and with a compassionate heart.